[OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:06:48 -0700
I don't find his pictures that bad. The problem is that he is not
consistent with subject and time of day so it it difficult to compare
at all. So they are not that useful. I find sites like dcresource
with much uglier pictures useful because of the consistency of subject.

Askey has said many times that he uses the default settings unless he
states otherwise. So what you are seeing frequently is how the camera
works in the automatic setting, not a careful shot with the best
settings for the subject. It is useful for the majority of people who
are never going to take the camera off the program setting.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA