[OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:37:15 -0400
Hi,
In regards to Skip's and Chuck's comment.  I wonder if DxO Optics Pro 3.0
update for this lens and 5D will not largely fix this without introducing
significant artifact.  I do not have this software, but it reportedly cleans up
purple fringing with the rebel XT with  kit lens (largely do to chromatic
aberration and not edge effects).  They appear to use quite elegant
mathematical algorithms  taking into account the particular optical
characteristics of the lens/body as well as the particular focal length,
aperture data available in the EXIF file. Too bad they do not currently support
Oly products.  One review of the product said they may in the future, though
when I contacted them they stated the rumor was false.  I'm still sticking to
my OM-2 for the present.
Mike G