[OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:22:22 -0400
Well, we all say that it's the photographer that creates the picture and
not the equipment.  Phil is testing cameras and not very scientifically
from an image capture standpoint (nothing is repeatable).  However, it's
a great place to get a look at the technical aspects of images such as
noise.  There are lots of wonderful images on <http://myfourthirds.com>
but I'm more interested in seeing things like this:
<http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/?gallery=olympuse300_samples/>
(choose image #16 shot at ISO 1600) and this:
<http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/?gallery=canoneos20d_samples/>
(choose image #18 shot at SIO 3200)

I've just finished printing some 5x7 chucks of these images sized as
though they were pieces of 16x20 prints.  Try it, you may be surprised.

The reason I did this is that I desperately needed ISO 1600 last
Saturday to shoot indoors without flash.

Chuck Norcutt