[OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon 5D sample image
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:03:35 -0400
In general, I find it quite useless to review the sample images at dpreview,
because they are all terrible. Almost without exception they are all
terribly composed and the outdoors shots are usually pictures of nothing
taken at mid day with contrasty sun. For instance, if you were to look at
the E-1 sample images at dpreview, you'd think the camera joke because all
the images are bad. Though, if you were to look at the best images on
myfourthirds.com <http://myfourthirds.com>, you'd have exactly the opposite
conclusion.
 That said, I like the fact that dpreview often presents technical
information in a more coherent manner than even the manufactures often do.
 Robert Swier
Toronto, Canada