[OM] Re: [OT] A sincere apology -- sort of.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A sincere apology -- sort of.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:00:24 +1000
No, Walt still qualifies. The essence of being a curmudgeon is that
you are convinced that you always end up standing in dung and
breathing methane.
There is some curmudgeon restraint around here though. I suspect that
a true curmudgeons response to the Katrina disaster would be along
the lines of - "You build a city in a low-lying swamp in a hurricane
zone and then expect the rest of us to bale you out when the
inevitable happens?"
But that would be far too nasty, even for us.
Of course, it's easier to play the part after arthritis and other
such things kick in. There are reasons why most true curmudgeons are
up there in years. You may have to wait a while and just practice
essential skills such as pessimism, cynicism and contempt for a while.
AndrewF