[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:28:05 -0500
Mike wrote:
> sticker. For the hybrids the avg mpg city driving is about the same or
> even better than highway mpg.
>
> This fact seems to have been lost on all the trust-funders and yuppies
> around here who rushed out and bought up the new hybrids (or got on a
> waiting list) even though the mix of typical  local driving  would tend
> to heavily favor a TDi.  Maybe there is something like the Hummer
> deduction to assuage the wallet as well as the conscience. :>)

Not sure what the average mpg for a small diesel is, but my wife's Honda
Insight has averaged 50mpg over the last 4000 miles, and that's a good
mix of highway/city, some of it with just her in the car, some of it
with both of us, most of it with the A/C on.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins