[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:30:16 +1000
> AG Schnozz wrote:
> I would have snagged a Diesel Disco if I could have
> found one anywhere in the States.  But noooooo, not available
> here.    :(    Even TDI VWs were a no go.

I've a black, V8 (petrol) Disco', late 2003 model. Wonderful
aerodynamics (you'll wonder how it manages to move forward
through the air at all), legendary Land Rover reliability (you can
rely on having many legends to pass on to your children...
like "Five Weeks in Wagga Wagga" waiting for a new engine to
come from Solihull back in the Old Dart; or "The Mystery of
the Leaky Windscreen" (it wasn't the windscreen at all - it
was a weld), or "The Search for the SRS Faulty Wiring Harness"
(it was under the passenger seat), or "The Window Motor that
Went Out in Sympathy with the Engine" or "Disco' by name -
Disco-like Warning Lights by Nature", not to mention the great
economy (great for the economy of all oil-producing nations).

I don't know why we love it more than any other vehicle we've
owned (It could be that delightful V8 note ;-)). I don't know why
we're considering another Land Rover product ([ahem] diesel
this time).

OM content? Well there's these random samples:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/montsnmags/Overlander/mo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/montsnmags/Overlander/duel.jpg

http://moblog.co.uk/view.php?id=83800

I think the origin of the first overworked example was an Olympus
(c5050z). ;-)

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz