[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:44:31 -0700 (PDT)
> Personally, I think the beast is over engineered.

Definitely.  Just check out the zillion link suspension! Why
they stuck titanium and aluminum together in a joint with
inadequate lubrication is beyond me, though.  Excellent
engineering, poor common-sense.

> car is driven mostly in the city where it's not at its best.
> It's a much better road trip car.

As I do almost exclusively highway driving, it's a good fit.
In-town performance is a bit choked by the emphesemic intake and
exhaust system.  I can't get it to spin the tires, either.
Forget trying to do burnouts with a Quattro.  ;)  Traction
control kinda takes away some of the satisfaction of jumping a
mustang at the stoplights. You wanna go, but you wanna make
noise too.

> found out why diesels are more popular there than here--diesel
> fuel was 25% cheaper than gasoline.

Although the differential is nonexistant here, I really did want
to find a Turbo Diesel, there literally was nothing available.
Nothing.  I would have snagged a Diesel Disco if I could have
found one anywhere in the States.  But noooooo, not available
here.    :(    Even TDI VWs were a no go.

The A4 isn't an RX-7, but there is domestic tranquility.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com