[OM] Re: Some guys never learn

Subject: [OM] Re: Some guys never learn
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:05:17 -0400
Living in the Great White North, aka Canada, I would LOVE to have a car
with heated washers (and washers for headlights as well).  Even with -40
windscreen washer fluid, the damn things can still freeze up. Standing
in the cold warming them with bare hands or hot water are the only
options.  With all the salt we use in Eastern Canada, everything gets
quickly caked with a white layer of salt.  Driving without washers, and
especially into a low winter sun, is not pleasant at all.  So, for most
of the world that is lucky enough not to have our winters, that is why
the best equiped cars have heated washers, headlight washers (+/- wipers
in some cases), heated front seats and heated drivers' mirrors.  An A4
1.8/2.0T doesn't have headlight washers, but has the rest as standard
(heated mirror?). I believe the 2.8/3.0 A4 has the headlight washers.

Martin