[OM] Re: 21mm

Subject: [OM] Re: 21mm
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:10:03 -0400
Indeed, looking at the edges of an image shot wide open begs trouble,
especially with point light sources.  Even Leicas optimized for
shooting near wide open would be challenged in such situations.

Maybe I should take a more critical look at some of the pix made with
my 24/2.8 and prepare to be disappointed . . . ;o)

Years ago I had a Sigma zoom that had such a bad case of field
curvature that it was obvious in 4x6 prints -- objects on the same
focus plane would gradually and obviously drop OOF toward the edges.
Really weird for shots of groups of people.  That one is long gone!

ScottGee1