[OM] Re: 21mm

Subject: [OM] Re: 21mm
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 22:43:13 +0800
I had quite some Zuikos, once even had three 100/2, two 21/3.5 and many
50/1.4. Even they are of various condition, I found there are very little
different between them. Except the 50/1.4 of different S/N of 3xx,xxx,
5xx,xx, 8xx,xxx and over 1,1xx,xxx, visible different can be found. Although
I only had the 24/2.8 for a short time, but I do not feel surprise about the
edges performance at nighttime. I have sold two 21/3.5 to a guy, the buyer
said the performance was not that great and when I check with him he told me
he shoot night scenes wide open. I have seen the daytime samples and they
were pretty good. Of course I also did many night shoots, the one from
longer lenses were better than the superwide especially you are digging for
the bright light spots.

C.H.Ling