[OM] ( OM ) of a sort - ZD lens

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) of a sort - ZD lens
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 02:46:12 +1200
Hi all

I thought I'd do a search for info on the ZD 50mm f/2 macro, and came up
with this Chinese site

http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=309199

There are about 5 pages in the series, and the first two total about 4 MB, so
be warned. That's as far as I got. Also, some of the remote links are
EXTREMELY slow to load.  The links within the page take a bit of time to
decode if you want to save the site on your computer, so if you save the
images and want to display the page on your machine, I can forward the
hacked HTML code of the page to save about 30 minutes of decoding..

Says something about what people face there that one URL has the word
"boilice" in it.

I was impressed with some of their techniques for posing people for portraits,
and the definition; also the lighting they used. Worth a look if you have time.

It DOES have lens test data in a very clear form. I did not check there (yet)
for tests on other ZD lenses.

HOWever, I have also just seen Stephen Troy's OO photos, and they give
away absolutely nothing to digital; and this is from an OM1.  I wonder how I
can ever come close to the magnificence of Stephen's shots.

Brian