[OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:24:15 -0700
Peter Leyssens wrote:

>>The Leica 75 is a 1.4, probably as difficult to get in the sharp
>>focus zone as the 90/2 which is the maximum on many models.
>>

>While I can imagine that 75/1.4 to be hell to get focussed, I seem to
>find 50/1.4 harder to focus than my 90/2.  I guess it has something to
>do with the fact that the 90/2 gives an enlarged view of the object, but
>I don't know.

Apples and oranges. They are talking about an RF lens, where you don't
see the image for focusing through the lens, but rely on the
rangefinder. Rangefinder base length limits the theoretical accuracy of
focus. Then wear, variability in the RF and in the actual focal length
of the particular lens, etc. start to play a part when the DOF gets
really, really shallow.

Moose