[OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:41:15 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:

> Possibly, but the limiting factor in my tests wasn't the lenses,
> but the sensor.  I believe the DZ 14-54 is capable of resolving
> much more detail than the sensor is allowing for.  Anywhere I
> showed 0 LP, the resolution was limited by the sensor.

Let's hope the DZ lenses are capable or resolving the 16 MP that this
Kodak paper indicates as the likely design limit for four thirds sensors
<http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/digital/ccd/papersArticles/4-3TypeImageSensors.pdf>

Note that the same paper indicates 8MP for 2/3" sensors which has
already been reached in cameras like the Minolta A2.

Chuck Norcutt