[OM] Re: Flash not working on OM-1?

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash not working on OM-1?
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:58:31 -0500
Quoting Darin Rhein <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello everyone,
>  I'm having trouble getting a flash to work on my OM-1MD
> with shoe-1 and a T-20 flash, and was wondering if
> someone here could help touble shoot the problem. The
> flash works fine on my OM-10, so I have ruled out the
> flash unit itself as being the problm. I' ve tried two
> different shoes with the same results, the flash will
> fire only once in a while. If anyone could tell me how to
> test the camera itself, and the shoes so I can track down
> the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you, Darin.

It would be nice if you had another OM-1 to verify that
the Shoe Fix is OK.

If not, at least make sure that the Shoe Fix has its
little springy contact working correctly (the screw is
hollow and has a spring loaded wire that sticks out of the
end of it that makes the contact).

Then on the other end, try to be certain that the
corresponding contact inside the camera is clean.  If the
camera has been used a lot without the shoe, that hole can
get filled up with dirt and no longer make a good contact.

Good luck.

Joel W.