[OM] Re: OT system for sale

Subject: [OM] Re: OT system for sale
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:45:34 +1000
I tend to think of this as annoying. What if I bid on a system part
and then miss out on another (perhaps essential) part? I get around
this by listing the essential bit (a body, perhaps) and then putting
in the listing that I have the standard lens and other items (for
example) and that the winning bidder can have first refusal at a very
fair price before I list it. That way, everybody stays happy - the
buyer gets what s/he needs and I avoid some inconvenience and get my
price. Finally, I'll list the inessential lenses and bits separately.
Ubay may object as it's soliciting a sale 'off the books' although
you were once able to list an item open only to pre-approved bidders.
Don't know if that's still possible.
AndrewF