[OM] Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.

Subject: [OM] Re: **SPAM** Re: Back up your data.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:23:47 -0700
bs.pearce@xxxxxxx wrote:

>If you watch the ads, you can get a Seagate or Hitachi drive and an external
>case from Best Buy or Comp USA for under $100 total for at least 160 gigs.
>Less with Western Digital. This includes rebates, so the initial investment
>is more. I have found Best Buy the bes in paying rebates promptly.

Some really good deals, rebates,etc. show up on tigerdirect.com. If you
don't need all the retail packaging, paper, etc., you can buy OEM
packaged drives there for less. The Maxtor 300gb I just bought was about
$200 everywhere else I looked and $150 at Tiger.

I just bought a Netgear 802.11b/g wireless router at Best Buy for on
sale for $30. After much travail and 45+ minutes on the phone with a
pretty good tech support guy, it became clear that the 11b support
wasn't what it should be. My older Netgear PC card in the old notebook
just didn't work with it. Don't know if it was the individual product or
a general problem, but back it went. Now I've just ordered both the same
router AND the latest 11g PC card from Tiger in a package for $65 less
$35 rebate, or the same as I paid for router alone at Best Buy. Netgear
site says the new card works with Win98; hope they are right. Tiger
rebates are set up online and can pay direct into a PayPal account. Not
super speedy, but not the worst either, and very convenient.

Moose