[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:45:32 +1000
It isn't. And you certainly should be able to get a bank cheque made
out in NZD, drawn against a NZ bank by your own bank, in the US
(although having heard some people's experiences with US
institutions, the Farmer's Bank of West Kalathumpia will probably
deny that any such facility is available or even any such place as
New Zealand actually exists).
Then you just post them the cheque. This is the old fashioned way of
sending money to another country - slow but cheap. Then there is
direct bank credit by SWIFT transfer into their account.
The maximum charge for processing an international draft in USD in
Aus. is around $25 and that's considered a bit rich. It sounds to me
as if they aren't keen to sell overseas and there may be deep dark
reasons for dicouraging...  no, apply Hanlon's razor - they're just
dumb.
AndrewF