[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:21:24 -0400
On 7/30/05, C.H.Ling <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The charge for bank draft or personal check from most major countries are
> only US$2.1 here. Can't believe the charge is so high in New Zealand.
>
> C.H.Ling

Here is part of the email, word for word:

We have had a person in America interested in the E1 kit and he
investigated the charge to do an international bank draft. He received
pricing from 3 different banks and it would cost between $125 - $175
NZD just to do the transfer. for security reasons we will not take
payment from an international credit card.

We would ship the camera to you with DHL. We had worked out for the
pervious customer in America that it would cost $275 NZD for the
parcel to go to Shrewsbury in PA. This included full insurance and
would take a couple of working days to get to America.