[OM] Film and Camera heresy

Subject: [OM] Film and Camera heresy
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
I can't believe I'm about to do this, but the prices are just
too tempting.

I'm looking at selling the 4x5 and some OM stuff to fund the
purchase of a 645 outfit.  Why?  B&W.  I love the enlargements I
get from medium-format and my primary enlarger has a maximum neg
size of 6x6.  As much as I like the 4x5, I'd prefer to use roll
film and a slightly smaller camera.

My wife isn't supportive of the idea, though.  And I also
question it some, myself.  But the 645 prices are SO attractive
that I'm thinking that I'd be foolish not to do it.

But that Crown Graphic is sweet.  Maybe if I could get some
better glass for it...  And a better enlarger...

And there is the discussion of what Olympus equipment we're
talking about too.  Off hand, I'm thinking the IS-3/G40, XA,
OM-4...

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com