[OM] Re: [photos] OT (taken with digital camera)

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] OT (taken with digital camera)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:20:03 -0700
R. Jackson wrote:

>Speaking of "a stop of two" I've been reading the comments that one
>of the KM execs had about a 9D being in the pipeline. With the
>integrated IS that could be a pretty nice box.

Again, not recommending for or against anything, just beating a very
sick technical horse...

The IS on KM cameras, like all still cameras and lenses I'm aware of,
does not have any effect on subject movement. So you can hold the lens,
in effect, steadier by a couple of stops, but the slight movement of the
flower in the breeze will still be a problem.

A couple of additional stops of speed at the same noise has the same
effect on camera movement, but also helps with subject movement. It
really isn't the same, it is better. And it isn't the same as lens speed
either, as it doesn't reduce DOF, so you can still get both the stamens
and petals in focus - and stop their motion.

Almost everything in photography involves trade-offs, Lower noise at
higher iso is as close to a freebie as there is.

Moose