[OM] Re: Flashguns for E1/ E300/ C-7070 /C-8080

Subject: [OM] Re: Flashguns for E1/ E300/ C-7070 /C-8080
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:53:33 -0400
I find that normal auto mode flash works quite well... especially with a
digital camera where you can do a little chimping and adjust the power
output with the flash's ISO dial.  If you have a T-32 give it a try but
getting it off the camera to avoid red eye is a minor challenge with the
C-7070.  The F280 doesn't have any "auto" mode so you'd be back to guide
number calculations.  However, chimping and aperture tweaking can help
there as well.

The old Sunpak (eg, 422) and Vivitar (eg 283/285) units also work well
in auto mode from the flash shoe.  They're taller than the T-32 so fare
better against red eye.  The Sunpaks also swivel as well as tilt while
still leaving the auto mode sensor pointing straight ahead.

Chuck Norcutt