[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:43:01 -0300
On 7/12/05, om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2. A replacement for the E-1 and an upgraded model (E-3?) have been rumored
> for about a year and continue to be informally confirmed by insiders and
> Olympus spokespersons.  I expect the E-3 to be a pro-spect model with
> larger sensor and bigger/faster everything.  Hopefully the E-1 replacement
> will upgrade the sensor to increase the pixel count, improve high-ISO
> performance, and refine some of the shortcomings.  Only time will tell.

Wouldn't a larger sensor be incompatable with the 4/3 system? I can't
imagine them offering an E-whatever that couldn't use the lens line-up
that they're getting to built up. What I'd like to see would be if
they'd leverage their partnership with Sigma to allow them to produce
an E-whatever using Foveon's X3 sensor, but with a more respectable
pixel count (say in the 6-8 megapixel range before you do the x3
marketing calculation). Combine that with in the body anti-shake and
that would make for a serious competitor in my opinion.