[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:25:13 -0400
1. This list has mutated over the years, as most camera lists do, to a 95%+
male audience.  I think it's only natural.

2. A replacement for the E-1 and an upgraded model (E-3?) have been rumored
for about a year and continue to be informally confirmed by insiders and
Olympus spokespersons.  I expect the E-3 to be a pro-spect model with
larger sensor and bigger/faster everything.  Hopefully the E-1 replacement
will upgrade the sensor to increase the pixel count, improve high-ISO
performance, and refine some of the shortcomings.  Only time will tell.

The E-1 is still a great tool, and a great deal for $1k.

Skip