[OM] Re: old hoods just fade away

Subject: [OM] Re: old hoods just fade away
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:11:38 +1000
Depends on how thick your skin is. Do you have a taste for public
humiliation - we try to meet all tastes.
The 21 hood it a 'difficult' item but you may be lucky. It's a screw-
in - any 49mm super-wide should work. I bought a 'Sonia' super-wide
aluminium 55mm hood from a dealer in LA which is huge, for use on
another lens (24/2) and his 49mm version of this should work well if
modified - if the edge was shortened to suit and finished on a lathe.
Might be easier and cheaper to use them as blanks rather than cut
from block stock as they are already threaded and anodised. Careful
work would leave only a silver cut edge which would delight some of
the retro-troglodytes on this list.
Running up a few 18mm hood/adapters would make you even more friends!
AndrewF