[OM] Re: old hoods just fade away

Subject: [OM] Re: old hoods just fade away
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:59:26 -0400
I have a couple of these in 62 and 67mm size which I use on Kiron zooms
which go down to 35 and 28mm.  Using the film gate projection technique
I can see that there is plenty of room with no vignetting for 28mm.  I'm
not sure it would pass 24mm and definitley not 21mm.  Some modification
will likely be required.  It's a good, solid metal hood, however, and a
good buy at the price.

At this wide angle I don't really count on the hood for light shielding.
The hood is mainly there to protect the front of the lens.  As Walt
said, use a hat.

Chuck Norcutt