[OM] Re: old hoods just fade away

Subject: [OM] Re: old hoods just fade away
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:27:24 -0400
We don't got no steenking protocols.  Maybe you are too nice a guy to
belong to this list :-)

Your question about the hood for the 21/3.5 indicates that you don't yet
know of this incredible resource called the "eSIF" (electronic Sales
Information File) <http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif.htm>
The eSIF was lovingly put together by list member Hans Van Veluwen and
is also for sale on CD.  Recommended.

The 21/3.5 is discussed here;
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/lensgroup/21mmf35.htm> where
you can see that it takes a 49mm screw-in filter and hood.
Unfortunately, other than angle of view of the lens, there are no other
specs listed for the hood.  Since my widest OM Zuiko is 24mm I can't
help with measurements.  I'm sure someone else will, however.

Your comment about not being able to find a hood caused me to look
around a bit myself.  Not only did I not find one but I noticed from
browsing <http://www.keh.com> that ultra wide lens hoods for all brands
seem to be non-existent in the used market.

Unfortunately, the archives are still not available so there's no help
there yet.

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt