[OM] Re: old hoods just fade away

Subject: [OM] Re: old hoods just fade away
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:17:02 +0200
The hood for the 21mm/F3.5 and 35mm SHIFT is rubber and of the clamp-on
type.

The diameter of the lens mount (which is secured by a clamping screw) is
50mm.

The diameter of the front end is 85mm.

Its length is 22mm (including the clamp).

An alternative for the real thing, which is hard (or impossible) to find
nowadays, would be a third party (Hoya?) wide angle rubber 49mm screw in
hood, and maybe reduce its size or cut off its corners into a tulip
shaped hood.

Hans

: I have a toolroom grade lathe, and if there's enough interest, I think
I can put together : a small run... I'd just need measurements or a
sample.  It needn't be the original size : or shape, if more recent
designs are better.... the only thing is, I've never seen one, so :
don't know how they attach.  Screw on? or clip on/set screw? Bayonet
mount?  If I do : this, they will be cut from billet aluminum, not
pressed sheet. Lots of waste, but I'm
: not dealing with enough quantity to warrant making dies and pressing
them out.