[OM] Re: Fast B&W film?

Subject: [OM] Re: Fast B&W film?
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:16:44 -0700
Good gravy that looks nice for 12,800. The 1200 is pretty amazing,
too. Never pushed higher than 800 on Tri-X. Maybe Tri-X at 1200 would
be a nice way to go.

Hey, on a kind of related subject that this brings up...well, related
'cause fast Tri-X and that kind of tonal range makes me think about
it more seriously...I've been thinking of grabbing a motor drive and
shooting a roll at a time of film as motion sequences instead of
using the MoPic cam sometimes. I hand-cranked some footage at speeds
down to 8 fps over the summer and liked the kind of surreal quality
the motion had. I could scan the rolls in and have 6 seconds or so of
footage to use as additional coverage when I shoot. The only real
hassle I can think of is the time spent scanning and putting the
frames into the timeline. Anyone tried this? I really like the idea
of using an Olympus as a motion picture camera from time to time. I
just worry about wearing out a camera shooting at high speed all the
time.