[OM] Re: Fast B&W film?

Subject: [OM] Re: Fast B&W film?
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:58:16 -0500
> I've heard that Diafine (and its clones) _does_ give effective film
> speed increase.  I have never tested it myself, and the samples I've
> seen on the web weren't terribly impressive.
I haven't used this since I tried it some in the late sixties-early
seventies. I remember being not impressed then (although some of you may
remember what went on in the sixties, I don't), and it seemed to drop out of
sight. In the last few years, I've seen some references to it, and it seems
to be gaining popularity. Since I've never been one to try to squeeze every
last drop of speed out of film, I may be biased.

I remember at the time using a lot of HC110, and a little D76. Currently I'm
using DD-X and Rodinal, and not too inclined to screw with success.

Bill Pearce