[OM] Re: don't be caught buying a phoney Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: don't be caught buying a phoney Olympus
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:00:35 -0700
I think someone posted a website with pictures of fake R*lex watches.
Collecting fakes can be fun. The problem (in the USA) is that a fake can be
confiscated. I don't think I would post pictures of an extensive collection.

Some of the fake R*lex watches are so obviously fake, that it's hard to
believe anyone would think they are real. Many years ago my son wore a fake
one to high school. I was shocked how many people thought he could be
wearing a real gold diamond studded watch especially when the gold color is
obviously not gold.

Fining a tourist 6,600+ euros for buying a pair of sun glasses is insane. If
someone buys something that they believe to be generic "junk" and has a
price to match, if it has a pattern resembling that of a designer item are
they going to be fined?

A lot of people like to collect "kitsch". I'd love to find a fake Olympus
OM, the more obvious that it is fake, the better ... no I don't mean the
Italian gold plated OM.

-jeff