[OM] Re: Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but

Subject: [OM] Re: Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:56:55 -0700

On Jun 24, 2005, at 6:21 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> One relatively small hit from something like a vaccination is
> unlikely to cause distress unless you have an unusual sensitivity, a
> reaction to the virus itself or, more likely, a high expectation that
> you would feel unwell afterwards. (The placebo effect is remarkably
> powerful).

That's interesting. Thank you.

FWIW, I don't think I had any preconceptions about feeling bad
afterwards. They offered to let me break the vaccination up into
three shots a month apart, but I just opted for one shot and never
really thought that it would have much of an effect on me. By the end
of the week I was feeling really run down, though, and had a low-
grade fever on and off for a couple of weeks. Mostly it was just
uncomfortable, not anything I couldn't deal with.