[OM] Re: don't be caught buying a phoney Olympus

Subject: [OM] Re: don't be caught buying a phoney Olympus
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:20:46 +1000
Some are - they're available on the net with beautifully hand
engraved Leica nameplates on the top and "Elmar" lenses. Some even
try to sell them as the real thing ("I don't know much about cameras
but...") There is a whole world of amazing fakery out there and the
fun is that they actually work quite well.
Er, not as nice as the 3G I'm playing with at the moment though!
AndrewF