[OM] Re: Slow Food, was: Re: Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now

Subject: [OM] Re: Slow Food, was: Re: Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now salmon
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:58:25 -0400
Moose wrote:

>Earl Dunbar wrote:
><snip>
>
>>The genesis of digital was largely twofold: to make photography easier
>>and faster.
>>

>I thought it was to make money.....

Yeah, and the pitch was "Faster... no waiting!"  and "Easier ... all
automatic, you don't have to be an expert!" kind of thing.

I just bought yet ANOTHER 35SP off the bad place.  Sigh.  This one
supposedly doesn't work in auto (probably just needs a new battery,) but
even if not, it has a good top plate and will replace the dented top of
another SP.  Basically, I'll ship both off to one of our esteemed
repairmen and ask him to make one really good one out of the two.

Then I'll start selling a lot of gear to fund a ZI, Zeiss lenses and its
digital successor.  I saw some R-D1 shots on PBase
(http://www.pbase.com/videoman/epson_rd1) that are intriguing.

Earl