[OM] Re: Slow Food, was: Re: Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now

Subject: [OM] Re: Slow Food, was: Re: Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now salmon
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:51:49 +0200

> BTW, what I don't like is the condescenion of many (no one in this
> group) toward analog photography.  "That's not a digital camera?  Do
> they still make those?  Can you still get film for that?"  Sheesh.

7 years ago, people in Japan already asked me if I used a digital
camera.  Imagine the response I got 2 years ago when I travelled with my
OM system :)  Don't worry, real soon a film body will be regarded as
charming as a large format, wooden, pull-that-black-sheet-over-your-head
camera.  "Interesting, so you can't see the picture until..."

BTW, just to show that any photography style just goes in and out of
fashion: the youth I'm with in university is very much into B&W.  I took
B&W film pictures (HP5, my favorite) at a university ball and was asked
to have each printed at least 3 times average.  I don't know how many
digital pictures were mailed around, though :)

I'm planning to go digital because I use a computer every day, while I
don't walk past the photography shop every day.

Peter.