[OM] Re: Slow Food,

Subject: [OM] Re: Slow Food,
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:26:12 -0700
Yeah, I was on a job a few years back and the label kept buying $400
bottles of wine to impress us all. Finally we were in Sydney one
night and the promoter said, "So, what's your impression of this
Penfolds Grange Hermitage?" I looked at him for a second and said,
"Tastes like wine, which is to say it tastes pretty nasty." He said,
"Yeah, I'd rather have a beer, but they keep buying all this wine."

I'm sure there are people who can discern vinegary and nasty from
bitter and nasty and find something to celebrate in the process, but
I've never developed the ability to tell a $5 bottle of wine from a
$500 bottle of wine. I'd be just as happy with a glass of
Manischewitz if I have to drink the stuff to be sociable. ;-)