[OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Cholesterol

Subject: [OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Cholesterol
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:46:11 -0700

> Now that they're being raised (grown?) on 'farms' salmon
>borders on being cheap.  But I've seen reports indicating that it may
>also be dirty and carry higher levels of toxins.  Sigh.

Salmon farms are the mega hog farms of the sea. Unfortunately the
Campbell government in BC is a big promoter of them to the detriment of
the wild stocks. Stick 'em up the coast in a remote area, out of sight,
out of mind. No self respecting person around here will admit to eating
farmed salmon. Besides it doesn't taste anything like the real thing.
They have to feed them dye to get even the sickly brownish "salmon"
color they sell.

Mike