[OM] Re: OT the Walt universal hand-tool? OT ( not deWalt)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT the Walt universal hand-tool? OT ( not deWalt)
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:54:20 -0600
> Dremel tool has got to be a top candidate for the Most Useless Tool
> award. Do people actually _use_ these things for anything productive? Or
> should I ask, Has anyone ever accomplished anything useful with this
> tool that couldn't have been done with any of half dozen other tools
> faster, more efficiently and better?

  Well, I have one, and while, sure, an power hacksaw would be better at
cutting through thick iron pipe, and a milling machine would be better
at grinding things, and a 1/4hp plunge router would be better at carving
grooves in wood, and a grinding wheel would be better at polishing burrs
off things -- any single one of those would have cost more than a dremel..

  It's not perfect at anything -- but it's very adequate at an awful lot
of stuff..

  -- dan