[OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Cholesterol

Subject: [OM] Re: The journey to work - electrically/ Now Cholesterol
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:13:39 +0200
Le mercredi 22 Juin 2005 16:42, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :
> The guarantee seems like a pretty safe marketing bet.  See this Canadian
> government report on mercury content in fish oils.
> <http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/feebet/dioxe.shtml>

FWIW, I've got a friend who spent a whole phD thesis on the effect of copper
(the one used in farms over seeds) over fishes when it's drained by rainfalls
toward rivers. That's just chilling. Then she went to Canada to continue her
studies, where she spent another year gutting out live fishes on the deck of
fishing boats for studying them (the guts, she doesn't care the full fish)
when back in her lab... While not considered a heavy metal, copper proved to
cause strange behaviours in fishes, like resting on their back just like they
were dead, although they were really alive (not for a long time at that
point, because she's been nicknamed "the killer" by her fellows for a reason
- and they were all happy mices eradicators on their own). The most scary
part of her a study happens when you know that copper is used heavily in
"parapharmacy" for preparations supposed to help lessen age's effects.

--
Manuel Viet