[OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:42:57 +0200

Hi,

Barry B. Bean wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:08:25 -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
>>Definitely shoot RAW.  The accompanying jpg is very optional
>>IMO.
>
> I agree. I was shooting both untl I realized that I spent far more time
> deleting the extra copies of shots than I did converting the occasional q&d
> shot to jpg for e-mail/web/etc.

That's all very well said and done, but I'm planning to go on a long
holiday (somewhere between 30-50 days).  Given that RAW+JPEG equals 70
shots per gigabyte, I won't get too far without relying on extra
gadgetry to back up my work.  So I'm wondering if I could manage with
SHQ/HQ JPEGs and no backups.  What do you think ?

Peter.