[OM] Re: OM1 foam blues :-(

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 foam blues :-(
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:45:35 +0100
John

It is only a minor chore to clean out the old foam and put in the
new; scrape the bulk out with a wooden or plastic tool first then use
a dilute alcohol solution (or something) to clean out the remainder.
It's a little messy so don't do it on the best tablecloth on your
dinner table.

The only trick is to find a source of new foam.  The Olympus Circle's
editor recommends you buy a standard mouse mat (for a computer mouse)
and cut strips off that for inserting into the channels in the back
of the camera.  I have a mouse mat specifically for that purpose and
if you cut it to the appropriate thickness you will not need glue.
Alternatively you could pay £12 +postage to get purpose-cut foam from
somewhere like Colchester Cameras.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker