[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:45:41 -0500
I should have paid more attention to possible lighting changes.  It was not
easy to get roughly the same FOV with 35-80 to match the DZ.  It likes to
focus closer at the long end, natch, but I tried fooling with some
extension for a while to see what that might do, but that brought it in too
close.  Within that span, the sun certainly was moving, though this light
was quite indirect at this time of day.  The proximity of the front element
of the lens to the flower in both shots is vastly different -- maybe up to
three feet!  The DZ is just very different from a film lens and I think
quite wonderful for this kind of close work, especially where background is
not a major factor.  Bokeh is more dicey.

It's probably more reasonable to assume that the light went cooler while I
was fooling around than that the 35-80 is both warm and cool
intermittently.  All the rest of the time it was warmer.

Joel W.