[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 20:31:57 -0700
I tried loading them in Photoshop to look at them side by side and
better rendered than a browser can. I have trouble with terms like
more or less 3D, especially when looking at a single image, not a
double superimposedimage displaced by the interocular distance. :-)

I wonder if the light changed just a bit because the stem is lit for
a longer length in the Zu image. I don't know which lens took which
because I did not notice the file name when dragging off the web
page. The DZ image is definitely warmer looking pinkish and the
yellow bit is more intense while the other blossom is more lavender.
The Zu image seems more contrasty with more the leaves merging into
the black background, the brown stem almost gone and the white bits
being more intense and silhouetted more against the slightly darker
shadows on the blossom. I think I like the pinker one better, it
would really be hard to choose. Now to look and see which is which.

Interesting. The contrasty one is the 35-80 which I might have
expected, but it is also the cool one which I would not have
expected. Sure are pretty pictures.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA