[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:44:53 -0700
I read somewhere that the unused edge pixels on the sensor are used
to calculate a lot of stuff like automatic white balance. There is
always a "net pixels" in the specs to show the number that actually
record the image. I wonder whether that is one of the problems
Olympus sees with using "non-digital" lenses on their camera. Maybe
something in the angle of the rays especially at wide angle might
affect the calculating pixels differently?

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA