[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:14:47 +0000
The first two minutes, with the smoke billowing from the steam locomotive as it
winds its way up a river gorge, is worth the price of the DVD -- except there
isn't one, damn it!  Considering all the sorry, worthless crap that's been
burned to DVD, it's a crime that this hasn't made it yet.  We've got a VHS
copy, fortunately, since it's one of my wife's favorites.  Fantastic
photography.  And ya gotta love the story of an old stagecoach holdup man just
released from prison after many years seeing his first motion picture, The
Great Train Robbery, and getting new ideas.

Some of my favorites not yet mentioned:

Once Upon a Time in the West
True Grit
The Outlaw Josey Wales