[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:08:54 -0700
Thanks for reminding me. I liked The Grey Fox  too. First time I
really became aware of the the amazingly good stuff from the Film
Board of Canada. And the refreshingly subtle acting of Richard
Farnsworth. Seems not to have made it to DVD. Too bad, since I am
hooked into the wonderful Netflix.

I think my best western was Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider. First time I
saw an oater as high art.

And I liked All the Pretty Horses which allowed travel to a skewed
old west of another century just by crossing a border, with better
acting than most westerns have ever gotten.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA