[OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] NOW: Westerns......
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:42:35 -0700

On May 29, 2005, at 3:01 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Once Upon a Time in the West

Ah, Leone. You know, that man had a mastery of camera movement that I
don't think many people have ever matched. His dolly and crane shots
are pretty much a high-water mark, IMO. He also had a real knack for
slow-pacing and suspense. A master of the craft. I didn't always
enjoy his films all that much, but there's no taking away from the
craftsmanship he put into 'em.

You know, Peckinpah's Wild Bunch is out on DVD now, but they still
haven't come out with Ride the High Country or Pat Garrett and Billy
the Kid. I'd love to see those two out on DVD. They're a couple of my
favorites.