[OM] Re: Olympus in Australia, and supply of the three fourths adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus in Australia, and supply of the three fourths adapter
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:38:55 -0700 (PDT)
> - using this could mess up your camera, and it's not our fault
> - only usable in stop-down mode
> - your photos might suck, and it's not our fault

My response as a user of the adaptor:

1. How could it mess up the camera?  If the lens mount is that
flimzy I wouldn't trust it with the ZD lenses either.

2. Ok fine. An inconvenience.  There is no reason why Olympus
couldn't have built an adaptor with electronics in it and an
auto stopdown function.  Shoot, they could have just used the
standard OM mount.  They created their own limitations here.

3. Photos suck?  Well, I guess I happen to prefer them that way.
 And so do my customers.  "Telecentric" and "Really Nice Bokeh"
are mutually exclusive.

It would have been nice if the E-System could give accurate
exposures at all F-stops with the "analog lenses", but alas,
they took away OTF style metering that the OM system was famous
for.

AG