[OM] Re: Olympus in Australia, and supply of the three fourths adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus in Australia, and supply of the three fourths adapter
From: Kevin Radloff <radsaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:03:45 -0400
While there's no doubt that it's terribly lame that Olympus AU seems
to be in denial about the existence and existence of the adapter, I
think the overall attitude of Olympus towards the adapter is rather
humorous. The letter supplied with the adapter that they're giving
away  in the US sounds roughly the same as the response you got
(paraphrased):

- this adapter does not have the Olympus logo on it, and we disavow
everything about this product
- using this could mess up your camera, and it's not our fault
- only usable in stop-down mode
- your photos might suck, and it's not our fault

.. But then they give you a nice, printed sheet (as I guess you've
seen?) that lists lenses they believe will work well along with
recommended settings. With their logo and such on it, of course. It
seems all very silly, in a sense. Oh well. :|

--
Kevin 'radsaq' Radloff
radsaq@xxxxxxxxx