[OM] Re: OT Comedy and missed shot

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Comedy and missed shot
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:11:43 +0000
The AR-15 is usually in its case on the floor behind the front seats of the
OM-4Runner when I'm out in the boonies.  There's a bounty and a year-round open
season on these critters here in Georgia.  I've never collected a bounty, but
I've eliminated a coyote or two, albeit a bit reluctantly.  I don't much care
if the coyotes eat the cats people let run loose that prey on birds and other
small, beneficial creatures.  (We keep our four cats indoors, which is better
for both cats and birds.)  And if a coyote should scarf up somebody's annoying
little yapping rat dog that comes to crap in my yard, I say good riddance.

But coyotes are not native to this neck of the woods and compete for both
territory and prey with the indigenous red and grey foxes who have a right to
be where they've always been and who are being pushed closer and closer to the
endangered list because of the influx of coyotes, so I don't mind popping any
occasional invading and unendangered coyote I might come across.  They are good
practice.

PETA members can send me nasty notes off list.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --